2024-2025 New Student Registration

a young girl in an orange jacket looks a the camera while writing

2024-2025 Returning Student Registration

group of kids outside smiling
  • Links will be posted soon to register students who completed the 2024-25 school year at RSS and who will return for the 2024-25 school year.

What Do I Need To Register My Student Online?

  • Please contact your domiciled school with any questions about student registration.


    Each year, Rowan-Salisbury uses an online registration process for all K-12 students (Pre-K will register at each school site). The majority of the registration procession can be done online. However there are still some paper documents that are required to be brought to the school. Those documents are:

    1. Proof of Residency: Families must reside in the Rowan-Salisbury Schools District for their children to attend our schools. When enrolling your child, please bring proof of residency documents with you: a utility bill, lease agreement, or home purchase statement.
    2. Immunization Record: You must bring your child’s current immunization record at the time of enrollment. For a list of vaccines required for school attendance in NC, click here.
    3. Proof of Age (Certified Birth Certificate/Other Documentation): For all newly enrolling students, you must present documentation verifying the student's date of birth upon enrollment. For students who have been previously enrolled in school, a copy will suffice. If you cannot provide a birth certificate, you can also provide:
      • A certified copy of any medical record of the child's birth issued by the treating physician or the hospital in which the child was born
      • A certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a church, mosque, temple or other religious institution that maintains birth records of its members.
    4. Previous School Information: Please bring contact information, including fax number, of the school you are transferring from so that RSS can request your child’s records.
    5. Current NC Health Assessment/Physical Form: If your student has never attended a North Carolina public school, they must provide an NC Health Assessment Form completed by a medical provider prior to the child's first day of attendance. Many local health departments and physicians across the state perform the assessment. 

    Helpful Hints:

    • If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the school in which you are enrolling.
    • When registering your child, you must create an account. Please make note of your username and password for future use of the registration portal.
    • "New Student Registration" is for new-to-RSS students.