Welcome to the RSS MTSS Information Page
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS). Rowan Salisbury Schools uses the MTSS framework for school improvement to put systems in place to support all students with behavior, attendance, social-emotional learning and academics.
Family and community engagement are essential within an MTSS, and we want to create meaningful partnerships with you to support students. Together we can provide students an Extraordinary Education Every Day.
Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) is a framework which promotes school improvement through engaging academic and behavior practices for all students, so that every student can achieve academic and life success. MTSS is a “whole child” approach that creates systems to improve student academic performance as well as behavior, attendance and social emotional learning. To create these systems, an MTSS must utilize four essential elements: screening, progress monitoring, a three-tiered instructional/intervention model, and data-based decision making.
Family and Community Engagement
Family and community engagement is the active and meaningful two-way communication schools maintain with students' families and the community for the purpose of supporting student learning. This can include:
- Engaging with school personnel to assist in their child's learning,
- Actively participating in their child's education at school and at home,
- Serving as full partners in their child’s education and being included, as appropriate, in decision-making,
- When children are struggling at school, it is important to find out why and to identify supports that are matched to their needs,
- Providing feedback to schools through surveys or other communication methods.
For more information about family and community engagment in Rowan Salisbury Schools, please refer to the Office of Family Engagement and Community Partnerships page.
For more information regarding MTSS...
- Contact your child's teacher, school counselor, or principal, OR
- The district MTSS team below: