WELCOME TO KNOLLWOOD ELEMENTARY, HOME OF THE KNIGHTS!
Knollwood aspires to do ordinary things in an extraordinary way to assure that our students have an extraordinary future.
Knollwood's mission is to connect lives and learning through rigor, relevance, and relationships.
Student Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Office Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- When students miss school, they miss out. Daily attendance is very important.
- Please consider that schools are held accountable for students‘ attendance.
- Excessive absences may result in a doctor’s notes being required or the involvement of a social worker and/or court officials.
- Parents need to send a note within three days when students return from an absence; otherwise, the absence is coded as unexcused.
- Trips or vacations are considered unexcused absences unless prior approval is received from the principal. To receive approval, the trip must be educational and a project must be completed. The request form is available in the main office. Approval will be based upon the student’s attendance record. Only one educational absence will be granted each school year.
- If a student misses more than 20 days, whether excused or unexcused, the student is subject to retention and a written appeal must be made to the principal.
- Please refer to the Rowan-Salisbury Student-Parent Handbook and Code of Conduct for a listing of what constitutes excused and unexcused absences.