What Is Title I?
Check out this video for more details about the LES Title I program!
Landis Elementary Title I Parent & Family Engagement
The faculty of Landis Elementary School believes that family involvement is important to the success of all students. Landis Elementary is a school-wide Title I school. We are committed to working with parents and guardians as we utilize digital instruction. Learning experiences that are intended to help parents/guardians become effective partners with the school include
- Encouraging parents/guardians to promote the education of their children at home through the use of technology.
- Establishing conferences between parents/guardians and teachers.
- Reporting each student’s progress through Parent Portal and Canvas.
- Holding an annual meeting within the first 20 days of school to explain the services provided by the Title I program.
- Signing and following the guidelines of the Agreement between School and Home. CLICK HERE for a copy of the Title I school-home agreement.
- Distributing monthly newsletters.
- Notifying parents/caregivers that they may request information regarding the professional qualifications of their child’s teacher and/or paraprofessional.
- Notifying parents/caregivers when their child is served for four or more consecutive weeks by an individual who does not meet NC licensure requirements.
- Informing parents of supplemental learning materials available at the Title I Parent Center located in the Landis Elementary School; as well as, Rowan-Salisbury School System’s Parent Resource Center located in the Wallace Educational Forum.
Landis Elementary has been identified as a Targeted Support and Improvement (TSI) school by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction. Specifically, the school has been designated as a TSI-Additional Targeted Support (TSI-AT) school has one or more subgroup(s) where the subgroup performance grade score is below the highest CSI school’s ALL STUDENT group during the identification year. Please CLICK HERE for more details about Landis Elementary's TSI status.
We will strive to have 89% of our parents/guardians involved in our
Title I family activities.
We will have several Title I events and meetings throughout the school year.
Please check back for more information about meetings and events.
Landis Elementary School has been identified as a Targeted Support and Improvement (TSI) school by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction. Specifically, the school has been designated as a TSI-Additional Targeted Support (TSI-AT) school has one or more subgroup(s) where the subgroup performance grade score is below the highest CSI school's ALL STUDENT group during the identification year.
DISTRICT TITLE I PARENT AND FAMILY ENGAGEMENT POLICY CODE: 1320/3560
A. DEFINITION OF PARENT AND FAMILY ENGAGEMENT
B. PURPOSE AND OPERATION OF TITLE I PROGRAM
C. ANNUAL MEETING AND PROGRAM EVALUATION
D. PARENT AND FAMILY ENGAGEMENT EFFORTS
E. NOTICE REQUIREMENTS
F. WEBSITE DISTRIBUTION OF INFORMATION