SOME TERMS & CONDITIONS HAVE CHANGED
NOTICE OF SALE OF COMPUTER EQUIPMENT - STATEMENT OF WORK
Pursuant to G.S. 115C-518 and 160A-269, Rowan-Salisbury Schools Board of Education hereby gives notice that it has received an offer of $4,275,080 to purchase Apple devices as described below. RSS will enter into an upset bid process for the sale of the items listed below. Specifics on the procedure is listed under General Information. Anyone wishing to upset this bid must bid a minimum 10% of the first thousand then of 5% the remaining which would be a minimum bid of $4,488,884. Interested parties may submit a written bid, electronic responses will not be accepted, by 7/23/2020 3:00 P.M. Eastern Time to the attention of David Blattner, 1000 N. Long Street, Salisbury, NC 28144. Any questions should be directed to David Blattner CTO. Rowan-Salisbury Schools reserves the right to refuse any and all bids at any time.
The sale is comprised of the following equipment:
|MacBook Pro 13" Early 2015||31|
|MacBook Air 11" Early 2015||5301|
|MacBook Air 11" Early 2013||406|
|MacBook Air 13" Early 2015||1487|
|iMac Early 2009||110|
|iMac Intel (21.5-inch) Mid 2011||18|
All iPads have cases
TERMS OF SALE
- All inventories will be sold “as-is and where-is” with no guarantee or warranty, actual, expressed or implied as to the marketability, correctness, description, fitness or condition of the item.
- The Buyer bears the entire risk of the inventory quality and performance. Except as explicitly provided, if a Device proves defective after purchase, the Buyer (and not the Seller) assumes the entire cost of all servicing or repair.
- The buyer will provide a minimum guarantee for the quantities bid. This minimum will be paid per device regardless of condition. The buyer will also provide a list of premiums that would increase the price above the guaranteed minimum amount.
- Numbers are the best guess and will vary, as such the bidder will provide a breakdown of the proposed purchase price on a per unit basis to account for number discrepancy either above or below.
- The Buyer will be responsible for removing and disposing of all casing.
- The offer will not be lowered due to cosmetic conditions or engravings.
- Cosmetic conditions include case discoloring, scratches, engravings, marker, asset tags, dirt, sticker residue, and dings or corner dents.
- Payment terms:
- 80% due upon completion of packaging/palletizing of all devices at final pickup (less 5% bid deposit)
- Balance due – Net 59 from time of final pickup
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Buyer is to be bonded and insured to cover the value of the equipment. Proof of insurance required prior to award of purchase contract.
- Buyer will provide a “Letter of Good-Standing” from its bank or financing partner prior to award of purchase contract.
- Buyer should have a minimum of three references with transactions valued at $1M or more.
- Buyer should be willing to oﬀer turn-key proposal that includes:
- Multiple onsite pickup at 35 sites.
- Ability to perform pickup utilizing buyers personnel without additional cost to project.
- Destruction of all data on hard drives to NIST 800-88 standards.
- Packaging of all devices/material as listed above.
- Packaging material includes: pallets, crates, boxes, protective sleeves, shrink wrap.
- Buyer assumes any and all labor, freight charges, or fees without additional cost to Seller.
- The buyer must include a collection plan that will minimize contact between people and help to ensure the safety of staff, students, and families. If any of RSS staff are going to be necessary in the collection process, it must be detailed out what their role will be and what measures will be taken to ensure their safety. Failure to supply may be considered a non-response to the bid.
- Followed by all necessary confirmation documentation, Buyer will arrange a pickup schedule, time, and date to coordinate the counting/final inventory, packing and transportation of the equipment.
- Both Buyer and Seller will sign documentation showing the pick-up date, item description, and unit count before leaving with any equipment.
- Seller ensures all devices have been removed from Apple’s Device Enrollment Program and Apple iCloud/Activation Lock. Mac Devices will be removed from EFI lock or Firmware.
Project Pickup Start/End Dates:
- Given current decisions with the governor, legislators, and timing of process we will be seeking to deliver these devices after September 1.
Student Collection Plan:
- RSS is concerned with the health and safety of our staff and students. The buyer needs to provide collection service from students that is included in the cost of the bid. This collection service must be detailed out and must be touchless. This service will report back any information that is needed for RSS. The plan should account for 6 concurrent collection teams that will work for one week rotating between all 35 sites.
Project End Date:
Price must be guaranteed without reduction through the end of October.
- RSS will begin the upset bid process by placing notice in the newspaper and website stating that an offer has been received for the listed equipment, and that the minimum upset bid allowed by statute shall be at least 10% of the first $1000 then 5% for the remaining amount of the bid during the 10 day upset bid process. (N.C.G.S § 45-21.27 defined the intervals)
- A deposit in the amount of 5% of the upset bid is required by the highest bidder at the end of the 10-day period. Only certified funds or money orders are accepted.
- The upset bid process will be repeated until no qualifying upset bids are received.
- At the close of the upset bid process, the highest bidder shall enter into a contract incorporating the terms of this notice of sale, including a provision requiring payment of 80% of the bid amount at pickup (this amount includes the 5% deposit), and the remaining balance due 59 days from pickup of the devices. Unless an alternate plan must be used due to COVID-19.
- The following criteria will be used to evaluate any bids submitted:
- COVID-19 accommodations
- Financial stability of company
Note: This information is for planning purposes only, not a guarantee of quantity
- Would your warehouse be available to consolidate, temporarily store and palletize all the devices for shipment?
- What are the exact model numbers?
- Can you please send us an updated list with the number of Macs and iPad per building that you will be selling back so we can accurately build a pick up schedule?
- Are you able to let us know where the iMacs will be available for pick up?
- What brand and model cases and bags did you use for the iPads and Macs?
- What percentage of iPads and Macs were student take-home devices?
- What percentage of iPads are engraved?
- Are you planning on keeping 100% of the chargers for Macs and iPads?
- With the upset bid process, when and how should we expect to hear from you with regards to our standing and if we need to respond with a new bid? Do we submit electronically or overnight in writing?
- What is the address to submit our proposal?
- Do you know what HDD size the district used for the mac airs, mac pros, etc?
- Will the 11” Macs will be in the cases?
- Do we need to provide a 5% deposit with the original bid, and does the original bid need mailed in? Or, does this only apply to the upset portion of the process?
- Are all units in working condition, or will there be a certain percentage of damaged or non-functional?
- Were there any penalties for students that were seen using their device without a case?
- Since we are unable to inspect the devices, is there any pictures of the general condition?
- We have sent the bid packet, but due to COVID19 it may not arrive before 3:00 PM, will there be leniency due to circumstances?
- Based on the RFP, it was our understanding that 5% is due within 10 days of the bid. Based on the Q&A, it seems like we need 5% with our bid by Monday? Can you clarify?
- If the 5% is due on bid closing date and we do not happen to win, what is the timeline for the return of the funds?
- Will you accept electronic bids?
I will send an email to the bidders of the bid award and post in the paper and website. You will have 10 days to respond in writing with your upset bid. The minimum upset bid allowed by statute shall be at least 10% of the first $1000 and 5% for the remainder of the current highest bid during the 10-day upset bid process. A deposit in the amount of 5% of the upset bid is required by the highest bidder at the end of the 10-day period. Only certified funds or money orders are accepted. The upset bid process will be repeated until no qualifying upset bids are received
- Macbook Air(13” Early 2015)
- Processor 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Graphics Intel HD Graphic 6000 1536MB
- 250GB HDD
- Macbook Air(11” Early 2015)
- Processor 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536MB
- 120GB HDD
- Macbook Pro(Retina, 13”, Early 2015)
- Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory 8GB 1867 MHz DDR3
- Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536MB
- iMac(21.5”, Mid 2011)
- Processor 2.7GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
- Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB
- 250GB HDD
- iMac(20” mid 2009)
- Processor 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- Memory 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3
- Graphics Nvidia GeForce9400 256MB
- 160GB HDD