Scholarships will be updated here as they are received. Be sure to check back often and see Mrs. Ratliff for more details.
HELEN S. AND JULIUS L. GOLDMAN SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
· Please submit application as a Word document. You may take as much space as you need for each question.
· After completing the application, print it, sign it, and submit it to your school counselor.
· In addition, forward your Word document to your school counselor.
· Incomplete applications will not be considered.
· Application deadline is March 1, 2020. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Brad Patrick Memorial Scholarship- Due March 13 at noon
The Brad Patrick Memorial Scholarship is offered through Christiana Lutheran Church. This $1,000.00 scholarship is open to any public high school senior in Rowan County.
Finalist will be chosen from applications, and personal interviews will be conducted. The finalist will be notified by phone prior to conducting interviews confirming the interview date, times and location. The scholarship will be rewarded at our Sunday in the Grove worship service in May or June at Christiana Church.
Community and school involvement as well as financial need will be taken into consideration when awarding this scholarship.
NCSECU People Helping People Scholarship- Due March 20
All eligible seniors must meet the following requirements:
Must be an SECU member or eligible for membership through a parent/guardian
Must be a United States citizen and resident of North Carolina
Must be a senior at a North Carolina public high school
Must be attending one of the 16 UNC system universities
Must have demonstrated scholastic achievement with a 2.5 or higher unweighted GPA
Must have demonstrated leadership, excellence of character, integrity and community involvement
Must file FAFSA as part of the application
Scholarship Consent Form
Scholarship Operating Procedures
Bio Writing Guidelines
J. Howard Coble Scholarship- Due March 20
High School seniors who demonstrate the ideals and leadership qualities of Congressman Coble, including high moral character and good citizenship. Priority will be given to children of US military personnel or veterans, members of Scouting programs, and members of ROTC programs (but not limited to).
Cleveland Elam Memorial Scholarship- Due April 5
ROWAN COUNTY MASONIC SCHOLARSHIP- Due April 10
THE SCHOLARSHIP IS OPEN TO ANY RESIDENT OF ROWAN COUNTY WHO IS PURSUING AN EDUCATION BEYOND HIGH SCHOOL.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, APRIL 10, 2020. APPLICATIONS POSTMARKED AFTER THIS DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Past Scholarship Opportunities
RON BROWN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM:
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for the Ron Brown Scholar Program provided you meet the following requirements:
- Must be Black/African American.
- Must excel academically.
- Must exhibit exceptional leadership potential.
- Must participate in community service activities.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be a US citizen or hold a permanent resident visa card.
- Be a current high school senior at the time of your application. NOTE: Current college students are not eligible to apply.
- Deadline: January 9, 2020
NC State Teaching Fellows
High school students can receive $33,000 in forgivable loans ($8,250 per year for up to four years), if they are willing to commit to teach in STEM or special education in North Carolina public schools. Interested high school students can apply by Jan.13 to be a part of the 2020-21 Teaching Fellows class.
NC State offers the following majors that qualify for the N.C. Teaching Fellows Program:
- Agricultural Education (Grades 6-12)
- Elementary Education with Special Education Dual Licensure (Grades K-12)**
- Mathematics Education (Grades 6-9 or 9-12)
- Science Education (Grades 6-9 or 9-12)
- Technology, Engineering, and Design Education (Grades 6-12)
Elon Teacher Education Scholarships
Elon Teaching Fellows Program
Our Elon Teaching Fellows Program is a four-year sequenced, developmental and transformational $29,500 scholarship opportunity for the preparation of teachers who will become leaders in the field. After applying to Elon, students may apply to the Fellows Programs until the deadline of January 15, 2020.
Elon Teaching Fellows participate in purposely designed enrichment experiences such as two winter term travel courses, a faculty mentored inquiry project, and a full semester abroad of study in New Zealand which includes a five-week internship in a local school.
North Carolina Teaching Fellows Program
Elon University is one of the five partner institutions for the North Carolina Teaching Fellows program. This competitive program provides merit-based forgivable loans of $8,250 a year for up to four years to highly-qualified students committed to teaching special education or a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) field in a North Carolina public school. The application is now available online at ncteachingfellows.com and is due January 13, 2020.
At Elon, the following Teacher Education licensure areas are eligible for NCTF:
Biology with Teacher Licensure (Secondary)
Comprehensive Science Education (Secondary biology, chemistry, environmental science or physics concentrations)
Mathematics with Teacher Licensure (Secondary)
Middle Grades Education (6-9 specializations in Mathematics or Science)
Special Education (K-12) & Elementary Education (K-6)
Special Education (K-12) & Middle Grades Education (6-9 specializations in English, Social Studies, Mathematics, or Science)
Special Education (K-12) & Secondary Education majors (9-12 specializations in English, History, Mathematics, or Science)
YES, high school senior applicants can potentially be selected for both the Elon Teaching Fellows and North Carolina Teaching Fellows programs.
Catawba College Application 2019-2020
Catawba College Departmental Scholarships- Due January 15
The Tom Smith Business Scholarship- up to $3,000
- Awarded to incoming freshman with a combined score of 1050 (23 ACT) and grade point average of a 3.0 or greater. Student must also be intending to major in Business.
The Computer Science Scholarship - Up to $2,500
- Awarded to incoming freshman that displays an interest in Computer Science
The English Department Scholarship- Up to $2,500
- May be offered to incoming students majoring in Literature, Writing, English, or Creative Writing and is based on financial need.
The Environmental Department Scholarship- amount varies
- May be offered to incoming freshmen students majoring in an environmental degree program upon acceptance to Catawba College.
The History Department Scholarship- up to $2,500
- May be offered to incoming freshmen students majoring in History upon acceptance to Catawba College.
The Spanish Department Scholarship - Up to $2,500
- May be offered to incoming students majoring in Spanish and is based on financial need.
The Education Department Scholarships- Up to $5,000
- May be offered to incoming students, in addition to academic scholarships awarded by Catawba.
The Psychology Department Scholarship- Up to $2,500
- May be offered to incoming students majoring in Psychology and is based on financial need.
The Religion & Philosophy Department Scholarship- Up to $2,500
- May be offered to incoming students majoring in Religion & Philosophy and is based on financial need.
The Sociology Department Scholarship- Up to $2,500
- May be offered to incoming students majoring in Sociology and is based on financial need.
The Politics Department Scholarships-Up to $2,500
- May be offered to incoming students majoring in Pre-Law, Administration of Justice, Politics, or Public Administration and is based on financial need.
Information and Applications
Reed College Junior Scholars Program- Due Jan. 27
Every year, Reed seeks a class of intelligent, curious, community-minded students to join our distinctive liberal arts college in Portland, Oregon. We are hoping some of your students might be future Reedies.
Student who apply for the the Junior Scholars Program are juniors in high school (class of 2021), live in the United States, and are from a historically underrepresented racial or ethnic background.
The Junior Scholars Program welcomes highly qualified students to:
- stay on campus in a residence hall;
- visit classes in any of our majors and programs;
- attend a Reed information session and tour;
- engage with faculty, staff, and current Reed students.
The Junior Scholars Program is all-expenses-paid, including travel. Students admitted to the program are able to visit between February 18 and March 19.
The application is live on our website and is due January 27.
Eunice Riggins and Mary Rose Mills - Linda Rankin Memorial Scholarships
Due February 1
The Eunice Riggins Memorial Scholarship is open to any young woman graduating from an accredited high school who expects to enroll in a four-year college or university in North Carolina who meets eligibility requirements.
The Mary Rose Mills-Linda Rankin Memorial Scholarship is open to any student graduating from an accredited high school who expects to enroll in a four-year college or university who meets eligibility requirements.
The Clare Johnson Marley - Mary Earle Berger Fine Arts Scholarship
Due February 1
The Eunice Riggins Memorial Scholarship is open to any graduating from an accredited high school who expects to enroll in a four-year college or university with a major in fine arts who meets eligibility requirements.
Florence Kidder Memorial Scholarship- Due Feb. 2
The Florence Kidder Memorial Scholarship (FKMS) honors the memory of the first president of the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of North Carolina, Florence Hill Kidder.
- Two scholarships will be awarded in one year: First place – $3,000 and Runner-up – $1,000.
- Scholarships are not renewable.
- Awarded to a high school senior who plans to attend a post-secondary institution in North Carolina.
- Application and essay due February 2, 2020