On behalf of the staff at Knox Middle School, we are happy to welcome you to a new school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
Please consider joining our school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
1) Teacher-led instructional support, usually in the classroom
2) Reading with children who need extra help
3) School-wide events
4) Student recognition events
5) Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers
In the student handbook is a copy of our school rules so that you and your child can review them together. If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please feel free to contact us or to discuss them with your child’s teacher. It is very important that you and your child are fully informed regarding standards related to appropriate behavior for a safe and productive school year. Please feel free to review the Rowan-Salisbury Code of Conduct which can be accessed at http://www.rssed.org/about/departments/administrat...
The wonderful Trojan staff feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting you.
Knox Administrative Team
Gardner-Webb University - Master of School Administration
Wingate University - Doctorate in Educational Leadership (currently attending)
"No significant learning can occur without a significant relationship." James Comer
SUNY College at Buffalo - BS in Speech Language Pathology
SUNY College at Buffalo - Elementary Education Certification
Capella University - MS in Educational Leadership and Administration
2010 Teacher of the Year
I believe all students want to learn and be successful in a fun environment. It takes many people to help raise a child to be their best including teachers, parents/guardians and the community.