Come see a showcase of student work for the East Community Schools.
Welcome to Knollwood Elementary, home of the Knights!
Knollwood aspires to do ordinary things in an extraordinary way to assure that our students have an extraordinary future.
Knollwood's mission is to connect lives and learning through rigor, relevance, and relationships.
Student Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Office Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Arrival and Dismissal
- Early Dismissal
- Releasing Students to Parents
- Afternoon Transportation Change
- Lunch Schedule and Policy
- When students miss school, they miss out. Daily attendance is very important.
- Please consider that attendance is an AYP subgroup and schools are held accountable for students‘ attendance.
- Excessive absences may result in a doctor’s notes being required or the involvement of a social worker and/or court officials.
- Parents need to send a note within three days when students return from an absence; otherwise, the absence is coded as unexcused.
- Trips or vacations are considered unexcused absences unless prior approval is received from the principal. To receive approval, the trip must be educational and a project must be completed. The request form is available in the main office. Approval will be based upon the student’s attendance record. Only one educational absence will be granted each school year.
- If a student misses more than 20 days, whether excused or unexcused, the student is subject to retention and a written appeal must be made to the principal.
- Please refer to the Rowan-Salisbury Student-Parent Handbook and Code of Conduct for a listing of what constitutes as excused and unexcused absences.
- It is important for each person to cooperate and follow directions when bringing or picking up children. Safety is our main concern.
- Car riders must be dropped off and picked up at the front of the school at the designated area. Adults are assigned to this area to safely assist your child. Students should NOT arrive earlier than 7:10 or remain after 2:45. Supervision will NOT be provided. These procedures are designed for the safety and well being of the children.
- If a parent comes to school to pick up his/her child during the school day, he/she must come by the office first to sign the student out of school.
- Students that are signed out early miss important instruction from their teachers. An early dismissal is a tardy and will be recorded as such.
- Dismissal is a very busy time; therefore, we ask that you do not checkout students after 2:00 PM.
- If a student is not in the classroom when the 7:30 bell rings, he/she is considered tardy and must receive a tardy note. Students who ride the bus will not be considered tardy if the bus arrives late.
- If your child is late to school, an adult must sign the student in at the main office.
- The school will contact the parents of those students who regularly come in tardy. Excessive tardies may result in a disciplinary action being taken, including suspension.
- A child must be released to either parent unless legal papers has been presubmitted to the principal showing custody. This applies even if a child is living with only one parent.
- If you have custody of your child and do not wish for him/her to be taken from school by his/her other parent, you must present your legal paperwork to the principal or office personnel. Please review your legal paperwork on file in the office at the beginning of each school year to be sure they reflect the most recent court decision.
Individual classroom times vary slightly. Please talk to your child's teacher to get their specific lunch time.
1st Grade: 11:05-11:45
2nd Grade: 12:05-12:45
3rd Grade: 11:50-12:30
4th Grade: 10:50-11:30
5th Grade: 11:35-12:15
- No outside lunches from restaurants permitted.
- Birthday celebrations are allowed during lunch but not during instructional time. Balloons cannot be given to students during the school day.
- The Rowan-Salisbury Board policy prohibits the distribution of birthday invitations.
- A $35 fee will be charged for returned checks.