School Nutrition Services of Rowan-Salisbury Schools is committed to providing safe, quality, healthful food and service. As a valuable partner in education, our efforts support academic growth and success of our students, staff and community.
CEP (Community Eligibility Provision)
CEP is a USDA sponsored program offering free Breakfast and Lunch to all students who are enrolled at the following schools:
|Overton Elementary||North Rowan Elementary|
|Koontz Elementary||Hurley Elementary|
|Hanford-Dole Elementary||Knox Middle|
|Landis Elementary||North Rowan Middle|
|Isenberg Elementary||Henderson Independent|
You may pay for meals daily or in advance. Payment options are:
- Pay at cafe register or school office (cash or check only)
- Pay online through partner K12 Payment Center (credit or debit, K12 courtesy fees apply)
Starting July 30th, families who feel they may qualify for Free & Reduced Meals may apply through our new On-Line Application process. School Nutrition will no longer mail home applications. However, limited quantities of printed applications will be available at the school Cafeteria at the start of the 2019-2020 School Year.
If you have a doctor prescribed diet or have allergies and want information about the foods we serve, click here.
School Nutrition has plenty of opportunities for substitutes with opportunities for advancement. Details inside.
What Makes a Lunch?
- USDA Requires that all K-12 students select 3-5 of the offered components.
- Our lunches are comprised of Fruits, Vegetables, Grains, Protein and Milk.
- One of the components selected must be a Fruit or a Vegetable.
Can I pay by check?
- Rowan-Salisbury SchoolsSchool Nutrition Services can only accept checks written in blue or black ink. Checks will not be accepted if they are written in pencil, neon or any colored ink, other than blue or black. Our financial institution has advised us that writing checks in ink, other than blue or black, may cause important data not to image properly when it is processed by the Proof Department.
- Return Check Fee: Rowan-Salisbury Schools School Nutrition Services will assess a $5.00 fee for all returned checks.
Can I prepay for my child's lunch?
You may pay by cash or check at your child's school or you may pay online through our partner K12PaymentCenter. Note: K12PaymentCenter will charge you a small convenience fee for processing your transaction. K12PaymentCenter does not store the funds, they are passed to Rowan-Salisbury Schools. There is no fee for paying into the account from your child's school.
How can I track the balance in my child's account?
You can use K12PaymentCenter to monitor your student's account and they will send you alerts when the account is low.
What Happens to Excess Funds on My Child's Account at the End of the Year?
Excess money on a student's account remains on the students account, unless a parent submits a request in writing for a refund. If the student is promoting from elementary to middle or middle to high school the funds will follow the student. If a student moves and enrolls in another school within Rowan-Salisbury Schools District, the funds will also follow the student. However, if a student moves out of district or out of state, Parent will need to submit a request for refund in writing.
How do I request a refund?
RSS School Nutrition will provide refunds upon parent request when a students account has a positive balance. All requests must be submitted in writing either to the School Nutrition Manager at your child's school or directly to the School Nutrition office.
- General Information
- Training Managers
- Elementary School Managers
- Middle School Managers
- High School Managers