To inspire innovation and engage learning
The Rowan Salisbury School System believes in personalizing the educational experience for students. #RSSEngage365 offers opportunities for students in Rowan County to design an educational experience to meet their individual goals, needs and interests. Students have the opportunity to enroll in online and/or face to face courses with options to engage in a variety of school-based activities.
Look for us on
Use the hashtag: #RSSEngage365
- What are the options for my student?
- We believe successful students will:
- Considering taking a course with RSS?
- #RSSEngage365 FAQ
We offer several options for students through #RSSEngage365:
- 100% online courses taught by Rowan Salisbury School teachers or North Carolina Virtual Public School (NCVPS) teachers for FREE when you take 2 or more classes each semester
- Blended- mix of online and face-to-face class options
- MacBook Air access for only $40 for high school students taking at least 2 courses each semester
- Ability to participate in many extracurricular activities and clubs
- Opportunity to participate in SAT, AP and other tests for a minimal fee
- Free tuition for Dual Credit courses for eligible 11th and 12th grade students through RCCC
- Graduate from your homeschool program or earn a high school diploma from RSS*
*To receive a diploma through Rowan Salisbury Schools, specific requirements must be met. A valid North Carolina homeschool verification record is required for homeschool credit transfer
Consider taking courses through #RSSEngage365 if:
- You have been homeschooled, but would like to take advanced placement (AP) courses or take college dual-credit courses for free
- You have been homeschooled, but need more support with the challenging curriculum for specific high school courses
- You are homeschooled and would like to take free courses to supplement your individual homeschool experience
- It is difficult for you to attend school on the traditional schedule due to travel sports, family travel, childcare, personal illness, job responsibilities, or because you are following a personal passion
- You are an independent learner who is dedicated to success, has the ability to meet deadlines and maintain a schedule, and would benefit from a flexible schedule
- You are currently a student in a private, charter, or online school