Visit the link to fill out all necessary forms for student athletic eligibility.
For the 2019-20 school year, Rowan-Salisbury will be using an online registration process for all K-12 students (Pre-K will register at each school site). Visit the above link to access the online registration.
The majority of the registration procession can be done online. However there are still some paper documents that are required to be brought to the school. Those documents are:
- Proof of Residency: Families must reside in the Rowan-Salisbury Schools District for their children to attend our schools. When enrolling your child, please bring proof of residency documents with you: a utility bill, lease agreement, or home purchase statement.
- Immunization Record: You must bring your child’s current immunization record at time of enrollment.
- Certified Birth Certificate / Other Documentation: For all newly enrolling students, you must present documentation verifying the student's date of birth upon enrollment. For students who have been previously enrolled in school, a copy will suffice. If you cannot provide a birth certificate you can also provide:
- A certified copy of any medical record of the child's birth issued by the treating physician or the hospital in which the child was born
- A certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a church, mosque, temple or other religious institution that maintains birth records of its members.
- Previous School Information: Please bring contact information, including fax number, of the school you are transferring from so that RSS can request your child’s records.
We are investigating our referral and disciplinary process this summer and would like parent or guardian and student feedback. Please take the time to go to the schools website and take a short survey to assist us with looking at how to best meet the needs of our students.
Please visit the above link to take our Discipline Plan Survey.
On April 1st, the East Rowan Community Schools participated in Community Service Day. Around 300 students and staff members from East Rowan High School, Erwin Middle School, Granite Quarry Elementary School, Morgan Elementary School, Rockwell Elementary School and Shive Elementary School volunteered at various sites around the East Rowan community including but not limited to town parks, Nazareth Children’s home, churches, nursing homes, the East YMCA and Rowan Helping Ministries.
To see more of what occured at the Community Service Day and hear some student and community member testimonies click the link below:
Seven students from East Rowan will travel to Carnegie Hall in New York in February to perform with the National Youth Choir and Symphony. One student will also have the chance to travel to Sydney, Australia next summer for the international choral youth ensemble.
These seven students are:
Landon M. - Choral
Colt H. - Choral
Bailey H. - Choral
Gracie H. - Choral
Savannah W. - Choral
Anna H. - Choral - Carnegie and Sydney Opera House
Melinda T.- Symphony
The State of North Carolina passed HB 986 enabling qualifying school districts to become a renewal district. Currently only Rowan-Salisbury Schools district qualifies. On June 28th the RSS Board of Education elected to participate in this program. Click for details.
North Rowan High School is pleased to announce that it has been recognized as an Apple Distinguished School for 2019–2022 for its innovative approach to challenge-based learning empowered by Apple technology.