- Sixth Grade
- Seventh Grade
- Eighth Grade
- Exceptional Children
- Student Services
- INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPORT
I have been teaching at CLMS for the past 7 years. I’ve taught Language Arts and Science but my passion is in Social Studies. I have a Bachelor’s Degree from UNCC for Middle Grades Education and I recently graduated in 2020 with a Master’s Degree in Curriculum and Instruction. I live in Concord with my two cats, Magic and Evie. I enjoy Netflix binges, anything superheroes, and all things history.SportsYou:
- 6th Grade: 6PNZGBE6
- 7th Grade: EHGQV4DQ
I am a graduate of UNC-Greensboro with a Bachelor of Arts Degree. I am also a graduate of UNCC with a Masters in Reading Education. I have been inspiring young minds in the field of education since 2002.
Virtual Office Hours: Wednesdays 12-2pm or by appointment.
7th Grade ELA SportsYou Code: MM6BEX6C
- I graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Exceptional Education from Buffalo State College and with a Master’s degree in Instructional Technology from UNC Charlotte
- I am a 23 year teaching veteran
- Passionate about education, anything chocolate peanut butter, coffee, reading, SCIENCE, and travel
(8th) Science SportsYou Code: 6RBT3JL4
(7th) Science SportsYou Code: XTJAFMSF
My name is Courtney Jenkins and this is my 10th year of teaching. I grew up in Landis and was a former LES Mini-Jacket, CLMS Yellow Jacket, SRHS Raider, and UNCC 49er. I live with my husband, Daniel, and our two daughters, Isabelle and Harper. We have a Labradoodle named Claire. I love reading, skating, and The Office. I am a member at The Refuge in Kannapolis. I love working with my awesome 8th graders and I am always here to help/answer questions!
- I graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in the area of Special Education (General Curriculum K-12) in May 2017 from UNC-Charlotte.
- I am pursuing a Master’s degree in the area of Curriculum & Instruction from WGU. I will be completed with this program by January 2021!
- I have been teaching for 4 years, all of which have been at CLMS!
- I graduated from Pfeiffer University with a Bachelor of Art in Commiunications and Liberty University with Master's of Art in Special Education.
- I have an amazing son who has Autism. His is just a year or two older than many of you.
- I've been teaching for 11 years.
- I love getting to know my student's and their families. Relationships are important to me and I can't wait to develop a relationship with you.
You may contact me via email, SportsYou, or by phone.
I am available to meet with you via Zoom, please call CLMS at (704) 857-7946 and ask to speak with Shannen Bailey. You will be forwarded to my voicemail if I am in class. Please leave a detailed message and I will return the call at my earliest convenience.
SportsYou Class Code:
Study Skills course syllabus and additional information is available on Canvas. Parents, please join our class as an observer.
- I graduated from Pfeiffer University in May of 2016 with a Bachelor’s degree in special education.
- I have been teaching at CLMS for 5 years.
- I have worked in all grade levels throughout my time at CLMS
- I am a very independent woman who loves napping, goats and spending time with the people who fill my heart with joy.
Phone: 704-857-7946 EXT: 707
Office Hours: Wednesdays from 11-2 via email, canvas and zoom (scheduled appointments)
I love teaching Bible here at CLMS, SRHS and that other middle school. 🙂 I graduated from University of South Carolina with a degree in Journalism but went back to Columbia International University 30+ years ago to get my MA in Christian Education and certification to teach.I lived and taught here in Rowan County ever since! I enjoy spending time with my 95 year old Mom who lives with me, my 3 labrador retrievers, and camping in my 1973 restored camper. I also raise daylilies as a hobby.
Mrs. Jessie Lynn Peterson is the band director at Corriher-Lipe middle school in Landis, NC. Mrs. Peterson graduated with her Bachelors degree in Music Education from The Hayes School of Music at Appalachian State University in December of 2017. She is currently pursuing her Masters of Music in Music Education from the University of North Carolina-Greensboro and anticipates to graduate in May of 2021. Mrs. Peterson’s primary instrument is flute.
Mrs. Peterson was the first recipient of the Rowan Salisbury School System’s Beginning Teacher of the Year Award in 2019, and has been awarded the Blanche and Julian Robertson Family Foundation, Inc. scholarship for the Go Global NC teachers summer program to travel to Australia in 2021 for a two week program to learn new ways of implementing global perspectives and global education into the classroom!
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook: @clmsband
SportsYou code: GEDKS8SM