The doors of Cleveland Elementary School opened in the fall of 1927. It was a two-story brick building constructed to serve the students of the Cleveland community. Expansion took place in the early 1950’s with the addition of the gymnasium and the agriculture building. Cleveland’s campus served both elementary and high school students until the opening of West Rowan High School in the fall of 1959. Complete integration took place in 1968 when West Rowan Junior High School was established at the former R. A. Clement School. With the addition of kindergarten students in 1973, Cleveland Elementary School currently serves students in grades K-5.