Out and about revisits Season 1 with rising 1st and 2nd graders.
- Every child should have personal life goals.
- To achieve their life goals, we need to engage them in innovative learning.
- Innovative, engaged learning results in skills development and academic achievement.
- Skills development and academic achievement helps students meet their life goals.
Where every day, everyone discovers and achieves the extraordinary.
To inspire innovative and engaging learning.
System Indicators/Evidences of Improvement
- Rounds process
- Data team meetings
- State accountability report
- Student data dashboard
- Student exhibitions
- Develop reading skills necessary for children to achieve their personal life goals.
- Implement "RSS Mindset" deeply.
- Provide well maintained school buildings.
- Develop community schools.
- Increase student services.
- Develop Human Resources
- Every child should identify a personal life goal.
- Every child should complete a level-set in Achieve 3000 and set their personal trajectory based upon their career choice.
- Create and set challenges to encourage students to meet their personal trajectory.
- Develop multiple data points that determine student progress in literacy (i.e. Achieve 3000 level set, EOC, EOG, Reading 3D, iOEducation Benchmarks).
Professional Learning Communities (PLC)
- Provide professional development for administrators and teachers to understanding how to utilize personalized data.
- Examine student work and design strategies which will support innovative and engaging instruction.
- Develop a data dashboard.
- Identify data that supports the development of a personal goal.
- Implement the utilization of a data dashboard.
- Provide professional development on best-practices of implementing a data dashboard.
- Extend guided instruction practices to mathematics through professional development opportunities for teachers.
Collaboration, Connectivity, Relevance, Personalization (CCRP)
- Focus on personalization
- Support teachers in development and implementation of individual playlists for students.
- Provide professional development on personalization in a year-long menu of options.
- Develop a common understanding and language around the concept of rigor.
- Provide professional development for teachers on how to create rigor in content, process, and product to engage students at high levels.
- Implement Orton-Gillingham literacy strategies in K-2 classrooms.
- Provide professional development on Orton-Gillingham literacy strategies for all third-grade teachers.
Problem Based Learning (PBL)
- Develop district matrix for effective PBLs.
- Host an exhibition of student work in each community area.
- Expand PBL ideas/lessons warehouse.
- Identify model classrooms for blended learning at each grade level in the district.
- Provide opportunities for teachers to collaborate and develop blended learning lessons for students.
- Develop a model for community schools.
- Develop a graduate profile.
- Survey stakeholders to develop the profile of a Rowan-Salisbury Schools graduate.
- Develop goals for opportunities, skills, and knowledge milestones at the 5th, 8th, and 12th grade levels.
- Develop innovative marketing strategies.
- Homeschool students and families.
- Open communication channels by sending postcards and communications to homeschool families.
- Develop and host online courses for homeschool students.
- Analyze staff turnover through district exit survey.
- Develop, complete, and implement the RSS iBook.
- Create and implement high quality professional development experiences for classified staff.
- Succession Develop and implement third cohort of Grow Your Own Leaders assistant principal leadership program.