Rowan County School students were offered the Go Green Challenge as a Problem Based Learning event. Winners were recognized at the April Board of Education meeting. There was a winning class for the Elementary and High School levels. The winning schools were:
Bostian class is pictured below
For kindergarten through second grade students, the event invited them to do an art project using recycled materials. Below is the winner of the K-2 re-use contest from Bostian Elementary.
Guidlines for student plans:
Plan must include the following items:
- Why is it important to recycle?
- Conducting a waste audit
- Estimating the costs/savings and time required
- Collecting and storing each material
- Goals, record-keeping and reporting
- Building support, awareness and participation