Go for the Gold Reading Challenge Extended until May 4!
As we gear up to enjoy the Winter Olympics beginning February 8th, we want to encourage all of our students to join in our new reading challenge, “Go for the Gold” through April 11, 2018.
Grades K-2 Challenge
For our students in K-2, read aloud for at least 15 minutes each night between now and April 11. Color in a medal, on the flyer sent home, for each time you read for 15 minutes to track your progress. Submit your completed flyer to your classroom teacher on or before April 11.
Meet the goal and you will receive the following:
· Color in 50 medals to receive an RSS extraordinary Reader T-Shirt
· Color in 60 medals to receive an RSS Extraordinary Reader Magnet
· Color in 70 medals to receive an RSS Extraordinary Reader Magnet, Sticker and Yard Sign
Grades 3-12 Challenge
For our students in grades 3-12, complete the following Achieve3000 Reading Challenge for articles read this year at 75% through April 11, and you will receive the following:
· Read 40 + articles - an RSS Extraordinary Reader T-Shirt - for those who have not received one
· Read 60 articles - an RSS Extraordinary Reader Magnet
· Read 70 articles - an RSS Extraordinary Reader Magnet and Vinyl Cling
· Read 80 articles - an RSS Extraordinary Reader Magnet, Vinyl Cling and Yard Sign
Remember to “GO FOR THE GOLD” and continue to strengthen those reading muscles!