In anticipation of Hurricane Florence, please review this emergency information.
- Provide training services according to the needs of faculty and staff
- Communicate and monitor system regulations relevant to expenditures for travel and staff development activities
- Record individual professional development
- Provide records of renewal credits for each employee
- Provide formative and summative assessment data of staff development offerings and expenditures
High-quality professional development can have a significant impact on the quality of teaching and student achievement in Rowan-Salisbury Schools. For greatest impact, professional development activities should:
- Be site-initiated and site-based
- Focus on specific researched-based teaching strategies, specific content, and specific grade level
- Be long-term and sustained including classroom mentoring and assessment of classroom implementation
- Why do I have to sign up for staff development through the SEA System?
- When can I receive renewal credits for a training?
- Why is completing the survey important?
- What does the State Department and the Federal Office of Education do with this information?
- How many surveys do I get for each training?
- What happens if I forget to complete a survey?
- What if I do not receive a survey within 48 hours of the conclusion of the training?
- What if I sign up for staff development and then I am unable to attend the training?
- Why would I receive multiple surveys?
- How will I know when I have completed all surveys and reports for a proposal?
- When will renewal credit NOT be issued?
- Why am I receiving a message that my email is not valid when I attempt to complete my survey?
You must get approval from your principal prior to attending a training. You must sign up via the SEA System to receive renewal credits and must sign the SEA System roster.
Any training that is less than 5 hours cannot offer renewal credit. If a participant fails to attend a minimum of 5 hours of training, CEU’s will not be issued.
For every training, you will receive a follow-up survey within 48 hours following the conclusion of the training. You may also receive up to 3 progress reports and a final report for each training. If you do not complete the follow-up survey within the time frame allotted, you will forfeit your renewal credit for that training.
Every participant who signs up for staff development via the SEA System will be given one week to complete a survey. If the survey is not completed during that week, the SEA system will send a reminder to the participant.
If you do not complete the follow-up survey within the time frame allotted, you will forfeit your renewal credit for that training.
- Renewal credit will NOT be given for any activity that is less than 5 hours/.5 CEU’s.
- Renewal credit will also be forfeited when you fail to complete the follow up survey within the allotted time frame (a survey will be sent out within 48 hours after the activity and a reminder will be sent one week after the survey is sent. Participants have 10 days from receiving the survey to complete it. If you do not complete the follow-up survey within the time frame allotted, you will forfeit your renewal credit for that training).
- Failure to sign the SEA System Roster/Sign Up sheet at the training will result in forfeiture of CEU’s. (The roster must be initialed each time the group meets until the training is completed.)