April 24, 2020 - School Closure Update
Following today’s announcement, April 24, 2020, by NC Governor Roy Cooper, we will continue remote eLearning and meal distributions throughout the remainder of this school year. All Rowan-Salisbury School buildings will remain closed.
As much as this saddens us, we will have a plan to share with you very soon on how we will end this school year.
Many thanks to all our teachers, students, staff, parents, and community as we all work together to continue to nourish, grow, and care for our children and for each other.
Please be sure to visit our website for updates. Parents are also receiving our Parent Communication Guide that is emailed through Connect-ED and available on our website.
We are prepared to continue to do all we can for the safety and well-being of our students, staff and families. Should you have any questions, please stay in touch with your child’s teacher or call your child’s school. We are here for you.
Thank you for all your support as we continue to work together through these difficult times.
March 23, 2020 – School Closure
NC Governor Roy Cooper ordered all school buildings to remain closed through May 15, 2020. While this may not be the news we wanted to hear, we are excited to be continuing the excellent programs that we have put into place to feed our children and to teach our children through eLearning.
In addition, we will continue to move forward with the following:
- Meal delivery to children began on March 17th, via yellow school buses following daily routes - on a 3-hour late start schedule. This allows families an estimate time to expect the buses at their normal bus stops.
- Car-rider lines are open for drive through pick up from 11am–1pm.
- This service is available Monday-Friday for children 18 and under. Children receive lunch along with a breakfast for the next morning. Meals are free of charge.
- eLearning for students began on March 19th. Schools and teachers communicate with their families about the process for eLearning at their schools.
- Contact the Technology Help Desk at 980-330-1078 for assistance.
- Families are encouraged to stay in touch with their child’s teacher or to contact the school should they have questions.
- District administrators continue to meet regularly to plan ahead as the news surrounding the coronavirus changes rapidly.
- Professional Development online opportunities are available to all staff.
- Regular communication to staff and parents is provided to keep all stakeholders informed.
- March 20, 2020 – Superintendent’s Video Message to Students
- March 19, 2020 – Parent Communication Guide
- March 16, 2020 – Meals & eLearning
- March 15, 2020 – Distribution of Student Materials
- March 14, 2020 – NC Governor Closes Schools March 16-30, 2020
- March 13, 2020 – Superintendent’s Message Regarding What We Have in Place
- March 12, 2020 – NCHSAA Postpones Championships & Suspends Athletics
- March 10, 2020 – NC Governor Announces State of Emergency – Field Trips Cancelled
- March 5, 2020 – Superintendent’s Message Regarding Preparations
- February 28, 2020 – RSS Working With RC Health Department